Another great day putting up barn owl boxes in central Lincolnshire, always better when the sun is shinning!
Bat Events (BCT)
- 21 March 2015 – South West England Bat Conference. See: http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/swconference.html
- 24 March 2015 – Wildlife and Transport Infrastructure Symposium, See: http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/wildlife_and_transport_infrastructure_symposium_2015.html
- 18 April 2015 – North of England Bat Conference. See: http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/northenglandconference.html
- 6 to 7 June – Wales Bat Conference, Stackpole Centre, Pembrokeshire. See: http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/wales_bat_conference.html
- 11 to 13 September 2015 – National Bat Conference, University of Warwick. See: http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/national_bat_conference.html
- 7 November – Scottish Bat Workers Conference, Battleby, near Perth. See: http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/sbc.html
Found this beast dead on the A46 today, more polecat than ferret…
How to eradicate grey squirrels without firing a shot – an astonishing tale of ecological restoration. By George Monbiot, published on the Guardian’s website 20th January 2015 – See http://www.monbiot.com/2015/01/30/peak-squirrel/
16th February 2015 – 8pm, Admiral Rodney Hotel, Horncastle. Social meeting with short talk by Celia Commowick – bats and roads: the effectiveness of mitigation
9th March 2015 – 8pm, Admiral Rodney Hotel, Horncastle. AGM
For more details see http://lincsbatgroup.co.uk/meetings.html
A church forced to suspend services because of damage caused by bats has held its first bat-free carol service for 15 years. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-30513035.